A rich vegetable chilli packed with three types of beans, courgettes, peppers, tomatoes and delicious Tex-Mex flavours.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 medium courgettes, roughly chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large bottled roasted red pepper in brine, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans mixed beans in water, drained
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 75g cherry tomatoes
- Large handful of roughly chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a deep non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and courgettes and fry for 10 minutes, adding a little water if they start to stick.
- Add 350ml of water and the rest of the ingredients apart from the fresh coriander and seasoning. Stir well and bring to the boil then turn down the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes of until the sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir through the coriander and season to taste. Serve hot with rice, fat free natural yogurt and a green salad.