Tender minced beef and a delicious blend of three beans smothered in a spicy chilli tomato sauce
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 1/2 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2-1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- 1 heaped tsp paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g mixed beans or pulses in water
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a deep non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the mince and fry for 8-10 minutes or until browned, stirring often. Drain off any fat in the pan, transfer the beef to a bowl and keep warm.
- Spray the pan with a little more low calorie cooking spray, add the onions and fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if they start to stick.
- Add 300ml of water and all the remaining ingredients apart from the coriander and seasoning. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Return the mince to the pan and gently boil for 20 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the coriander and season to taste.
- Serve with your favourite veg, rice and a swirl of fat free natural yogurt if you want to cool things down.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.