Tender minced beef and a delicious blend of three beans smothered in a spicy chilli tomato sauce
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 1/2 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2-1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- 1 heaped tsp paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g mixed beans or pulses in water
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a deep non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the mince and fry for 8-10 minutes or until browned, stirring often. Drain off any fat in the pan, transfer the beef to a bowl and keep warm.
- Spray the pan with a little more low calorie cooking spray, add the onions and fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if they start to stick.
- Add 300ml of water and all the remaining ingredients apart from the coriander and seasoning. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Return the mince to the pan and gently boil for 20 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the coriander and season to taste.
- Serve with your favourite veg, rice and a swirl of fat free natural yogurt if you want to cool things down.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.