Enjoy meltingly tender beef and chunky vegetables in a rich red wine sauce – a lovely warming supper.
- 800g lean stewing beef, all visible fat removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 3 large leeks, thickly sliced
- 4 celery sticks, cut into large pieces
- 800ml beef stock
- 100ml red wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C Fan/Gas 3.
- Place the beef in a flameproof casserole dish with the garlic, carrots, leeks and celery.
- Stir in the stock, wine and tomatoes and add the bay leaf and mixed herbs. Season well and bring the mixture to the boil over a high heat.
- Cover tightly and transfer the casserole to the oven and cook for 2 - 2½ hours or until the beef is meltingly tender.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.