Enjoy tender beef and chunky veg in a rich red wine sauce – a lovely warming supper.
- 800g lean stewing beef, visible fat removed, cut into bite-size chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 3 large leeks, thickly sliced
- 4 celery sticks, cut into large pieces
- 800ml hot beef stock
- 100ml red wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Preheat your oven to 170°C/fan 150°C/gas 3. Place the beef in a flameproof casserole dish with the garlic, carrots, leeks and celery.
- Stir in the stock, wine and tomatoes and add the bay leaf and mixed herbs. Season lightly and bring the mixture to the boil over a high heat.
- Cover tightly and transfer the casserole to the oven and cook for 2-2½ hours or until the beef is meltingly tender.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.