Tender chunks of beef with chickpeas and spinach in a spicy curry sauce
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4cm piece of root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp hot curry powder
- 2 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 beef stock cube
- 400g lean sirloin steak, visible fat removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Large handful of finely chopped fresh coriander
- 100g baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp fat free natural Greek yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, adding a little water if they start to stick. Stir in the ginger, garlic, spices, tomatoes, tomato puree, chickpeas, stock cube and 300ml of water and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Brown the beef in batches, transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- Add the beef, coriander and spinach to the vegetables in the saucepan and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
- Take the pan off the heat, stir in the yogurt and season to taste. Serve hot with rice and your favourite vegetables.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.