Tender chunks of beef with chickpeas and spinach in a spicy curry sauce
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4cm piece of root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp hot curry powder
- 2 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 beef stock cube
- 400g lean sirloin steak, visible fat removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Large handful of finely chopped fresh coriander
- 100g baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp fat free natural Greek yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, adding a little water if they start to stick. Stir in the ginger, garlic, spices, tomatoes, tomato puree, chickpeas, stock cube and 300ml of water and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Brown the beef in batches, transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- Add the beef, coriander and spinach to the vegetables in the saucepan and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
- Take the pan off the heat, stir in the yogurt and season to taste. Serve hot with rice and your favourite vegetables.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group