This fabulous dish of tender beef fillet wrapped in crisp filo pastry is the perfect meal to serve on special occasions.
- 15g dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- A small bunch of fresh curly parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large sheets filo pastry
- 4 fillet steaks, all visible fat removed
- Put the porcini mushrooms in a bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 20 minutes. Drain, saving the liquid, and finely chop.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7 and line a baking tray with
non-stick baking parchment. Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Add the shallots, garlic and the porcini and chestnut mushrooms and fry for 3 minutes, stirring. Pour over the reserved mushroom liquid and cook
for a further 3 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the parsley and season, then transfer to a bowl and leave to cool for 20 minutes.
- Cut a pastry sheet in half and lay one piece across the other to make a cross or star shape (depending on the shape of your sheets). Place one of the beef fillets in the middle and spoon over a quarter of the mushroom mixture. Bring up the sides of the pastry to encase it tightly, scrunch it up at the top and spray with a little more low calorie cooking spray. Repeat to make the other wellingtons and spread them apart on the baking tray.
- Bake the wellingtons to your liking (10 minutes for rare, 15 minutes for medium-rare or 20 for well done). Leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving with roast potatoes and your favourite vegetables.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.