The contrasting flavours and textures of beetroot, broad beans and red onion work beautifully. Drizzled with a honey-mustard dressing and crumbled feta cheese it really adds the wow factor - guaranteed!
- 250g frozen broad beans
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped thyme
- 700g cooked beetroot, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 140g bag mixed salad leaves
- 75g feta cheese, cut into small bite-sized cubes
For the dressing
- 150ml fat free vinaigrette
- ½ tsp runny honey
- 1 level tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the broad beans according to the packet instructions, then drain and refresh in cold water. Peel the skins off the beans with your fingers - this is a fiddly job, but worth the effort.
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray, add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat until a pale golden colour.
- Stir in the chopped thyme, then add the beetroot and stir-fry gently for 3-4 minutes, so the flavours mingle. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Transfer the beetroot mixture to a wide salad bowl and add the salad leaves.
- Mix the vinaigrette, honey and mustard together and season well. Pour over the beetroot mixture and toss gently to mix through.
- Just before serving, toss in the broad beans and feta cubes.