The contrasting flavours and textures of beetroot, broad beans and red onion work beautifully. Drizzled with a honey-mustard dressing and crumbled feta cheese it really adds the wow factor - guaranteed!
- 250g frozen broad beans
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped thyme
- 700g cooked beetroot, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 140g bag mixed salad leaves
- 75g feta cheese, cut into small bite-sized cubes
For the dressing
- 150ml fat free vinaigrette
- ½ tsp runny honey
- 1 level tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the broad beans according to the packet instructions, then drain and refresh in cold water. Peel the skins off the beans with your fingers - this is a fiddly job, but worth the effort.
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray, add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat until a pale golden colour.
- Stir in the chopped thyme, then add the beetroot and stir-fry gently for 3-4 minutes, so the flavours mingle. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Transfer the beetroot mixture to a wide salad bowl and add the salad leaves.
- Mix the vinaigrette, honey and mustard together and season well. Pour over the beetroot mixture and toss gently to mix through.
- Just before serving, toss in the broad beans and feta cubes.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.