The classic Italian sauce has never tasted so good.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 beef stock cube
- Dried spaghetti
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic, season well and stir-fry for 7 minutes.
- Add the beef, breaking it up with a spoon, and cook for three minutes until browned. Drain off any excess fat then add the chopped tomatoes and oregano, crumble in the stock cube and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain.
- Divide the spaghetti and bolognese sauce between four bowls or plates and serve with a crispy salad.
Tip: Swap the spaghetti for Speed food veggies (eg courgetti) and this recipe is suitable for Extra Easy SP.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.