Irresistible and indulgent, this chocolatey, fruit-laden roulade is just as delicious served as a cake with a cup of tea, as it is as a dessert.
- 6 large eggs, sepearted
- 100g caster sugar
- 7 level tbsp sweetener
- 50g cocoa powder
- 100g fat free natural fromage frais
- 200g plain quark
- 175g drained black cherries in natural juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Lin a 30 x 20cm Swiss roll tin with baking parchment.
- Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and 5 tablespoons of the sweetener until thick and pale. Sift in the cocoa then fold together using a metal spoon.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until just stiff and fold into the egg yolk mixture. Spoon this mixture into the prepared tin and bake for around 15 minutes until set and springy to the touch. Leave to cool in the tin.
- Place a large sheet of baking parchment on a work surface. Turn the sponge out onto it, peeling away the lining paper.
- Whisk the fromage frais with the quark and the remaining sweetener and carefully spread over the sponge. Scatter the cherries over the surface.
- Lift one end of the parchment and roll the sponge, using the paper to help (don't worry if the sponge cracks - that's the nature of a roulade).
- Place the roulade, seam-side down, on a platter and chill for around 2 hours. Dust lightly with cocoa powder and serve, cut into thick slices.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group