This is a Cajun version of a dish that originated in Cuba. Think hot summer nights and spicy flavours!
- 2 x 400g cans black beans, drained
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 potato, peeled and finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre boiling hot vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g mangetout, roughly chopped
- 50g okra, sliced
- fat free natural fromage frais and chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- Place all the ingredients except the okra and mangetout in the slow cooker pot. Season well, stir and cover with the lid.
- Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Uncover and stir in the mangetout and okra, re-cover and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve the soup garnished with a dollop of fromage frais and some chopped coriander.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.