Cajun chicken pasta salad
When transporting this pasta salad to your picnic, keep it in a cool box as it is important that the chicken is kept chilled and does not heat up on a hot day.
- 460g chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 140g dried pasta shapes
- 1 red pepper, deseeded amd chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
For the creamy dressing:
- 2 level tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 142g / 5oz fat free natural fromage frais
- grated zest of ½ lemon
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips and place in a shallow container. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning over the top and turn the chicken over until it is well coated.
- Spray a cast iron grill pan lightly with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the chicken strips and cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are cooked right through and golden brown. Remove the chicken and drain on kitchen paper. Alternatively, cook under an overhead grill.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta shapes in a large pan of lightly salted water boiling water for 8-10 minutes (according to the packet instructions), until just tender. Drain well and cool.
- Mix the chicken, pasta, red and green peppers and spring onions in a large bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Mix together all the creamy dressing ingredients until well blended and spoon over the chicken and pasta mixture. Toss gently together and sprinkle with parsley.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.