A bountiful bake of tender cauli, juicy tomatoes and melting cheese in a crisp potato crust.
- 700g potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 egg whites
- 1 onion, coarsely grated
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Steamed green beans, to serve
For the filling:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 800g cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 120g Red Leicester cheese, grated
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Place the potatoes in a colander and sprinkle lightly with salt. Set aside for 10 minutes, then squeeze out the excess water.
- Mix together the potatoes, egg whites and grated onion. Spoon into a 22cm rectangular pie dish and spread out evenly, lining the bottom and patting the mixture up the sides to make a ‘crust’. Spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and bake for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the filling, spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion, garlic and cauliflower, and stir in the stock. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the cauliflower has started to soften. Allow to cool, then stir in the dried herbs, parsley, half the cheese, the tomatoes and the beaten eggs.
- Remove the pie crust from the oven. Spoon in the cauliflower mixture, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and the smoked paprika. Bake for a further 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve with plenty of green beans.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.