A bountiful bake of tender cauli, juicy tomatoes and melting cheese in a crisp potato crust.
- 700g potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 egg whites
- 1 onion, coarsely grated
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Steamed green beans, to serve
For the filling:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 800g cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 120g Red Leicester cheese, grated
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Place the potatoes in a colander and sprinkle lightly with salt. Set aside for 10 minutes, then squeeze out the excess water.
- Mix together the potatoes, egg whites and grated onion. Spoon into a 22cm rectangular pie dish and spread out evenly, lining the bottom and patting the mixture up the sides to make a ‘crust’. Spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and bake for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the filling, spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion, garlic and cauliflower, and stir in the stock. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the cauliflower has started to soften. Allow to cool, then stir in the dried herbs, parsley, half the cheese, the tomatoes and the beaten eggs.
- Remove the pie crust from the oven. Spoon in the cauliflower mixture, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and the smoked paprika. Bake for a further 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve with plenty of green beans.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group