A satisfying chickpea and vegetable curry with a gentle mix of warming spices.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 15g fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- ½ x 227g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tbsp tomato purée
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 75g baby leaf spinach
- Put everything except the spinach in a large saucepan over a high heat. Add 300ml boiling water, stir well and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the spinach, stir until wilted and season lightly.
Tip: This serves 4 as a side, or 2 as a main course.
You'll find this dish as part of the Slimming World Food Range, available in Iceland stores.