Bring your BBQ to life with these colourful corn on the cobs. Sweet, succulent and a fabulous way to get your five-a-day!
- 4 x 225g corn on the cobs
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Shredded red pepper, to garnish
- 225g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly snipped chives
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Cut each corn cob in half. Parboil in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 5 minutes until tender. Drain and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Spray the corn cobs lightly with low calorie cooking spray and place them in a heated cast iron grill pan or over the hot coals on a barbecue. Cook for about 2 minutes, turning frequently, until slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients together for the herb dip and spoon into a serving bowl.
- Season the cooked corn cobs with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper, and serve immediately sprinkled with red pepper and with the herb dip.
Tip: Other grilled vegetables can be cooked on a char-grill and served with this dip. Why not try chunks of red, green and yellow peppers, aubergine and courgette slices, red onion wedges or even juicy tomatoes? They all have the additional benefit of being Free!