There's no need to limit steak to special occasions with this colourful midweek supper - enjoy!
- 4 baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 150g bag mixed salad leaves
- 1/2 cucumber,halved and sliced
- 110g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 carrot, grated
- 110g canned sweetcorn, drained
- 1/2 red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 4 x beef steaks, all visible fat removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Preheat your oven to 200 C/400 F/Gas 6. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork, place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
- Prepare the salad by placing the salad leaves in a serving bowl along with the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, carrot, sweetcorn and cabbage. Toss to combine and chill until needed.
- When the potatoes are nearly ready, heat a griddle pan. Rub the cut sides of the garlic cloves over both sides of the steaks and season well. Griddle the steaks for 1½-2 minutes on each side for rare, 3 minutes on each side for medium and 4 minutes on each side for well done.
- Divide the jacket potatoes, salad and steaks between four serving plates. Squeeze the lemon juice over and serve.