There's no need to limit steak to special occasions with this colourful midweek supper - enjoy!
- 4 baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 150g bag mixed salad leaves
- 1/2 cucumber,halved and sliced
- 110g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 carrot, grated
- 110g canned sweetcorn, drained
- 1/2 red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 4 x beef steaks, all visible fat removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Preheat your oven to 200 C/400 F/Gas 6. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork, place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
- Prepare the salad by placing the salad leaves in a serving bowl along with the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, carrot, sweetcorn and cabbage. Toss to combine and chill until needed.
- When the potatoes are nearly ready, heat a griddle pan. Rub the cut sides of the garlic cloves over both sides of the steaks and season well. Griddle the steaks for 1½-2 minutes on each side for rare, 3 minutes on each side for medium and 4 minutes on each side for well done.
- Divide the jacket potatoes, salad and steaks between four serving plates. Squeeze the lemon juice over and serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.