Try these chicken and bacon wraps with a side salad for a filling meal.
- 30g dried couscous
- 3 tbsp boiling chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme, plus sprigs to garnish
- 2 level tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- 8 skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 8 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed
- low-calorie cooking spray
- Light the barbecue for indirect medium heat
- Put the couscous in a bowl and pour over the stock. Stir in the garlic then cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and drain the spinach the put it in a pan with just the water that clings to the leaves. Cover and cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes until just wilted. Refresh under cold running water and drain. Squeeze dry using your hands then roughly chop and put it into a bowl with the thyme and Parmesan.
- Ruff up the couscous with a fork and stir it into the spinach. Season to taste and stir well.
- Open out the chicken thighs on a board. Divide the spinach and couscous filling between each thigh and roll them up again. Stretch each bacon rasher with the back of a knife to lengthen slightly then wrap a rasher around each chicken thigh to hold the filling in place.
- Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and barbecue over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender and cooked through, turning once. (Or cook in the over at 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5.)
- Scatter over the thyme sprigs and serve hot with our tasty barbecued sweet potatoes and lots of salad.
Tip: Leave out the Parmesan to make these irresistible wraps Free.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group