Tender seared chicken, spicy sausage and yellow rice in a rich, smoky sauce
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 400g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 350g long-grain rice
- 1/2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 1/2 bottled roasted peppers in brine, drained and chopped
- 750ml boiling chicken stock
- 100g frozen peas
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Spray a large deep non-stick pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, mushrooms and chicken and fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if needed.
- Stir in the garlic, spices and thyme, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir until the grains are coated in the spices. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, peppers and stock and bring to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, turn the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the peas to the rice without stirring them in and replace the lid. Cook for 5 minutes then remove from the heat. Keep the lid on the pan and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the rice, season to taste and serve hot with lemon wedges and a green salad.
Tip: **For the true Iceland flavour add 40g of chorizo per serving and add 4½ Syns each.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.