This easy terrine is packed with irresistible flavours and it’s so handy because you make it in advance.
- 8 skinless and boneless chicken thighs, roughly chopped
- Bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed pink peppercorns, plus whole pink peppercorns to garnish
- 2 juniper berries, crushed
- 1½ tbsp cognac or brandy
- Large handful of finely chopped fresh parsley
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh tarragon, plus sprigs to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 600g canned lean ham, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/130°C Fan/Gas 2.
- Place the chicken in a food processor and blend until fairly smooth.
Transfer to a bowl and add the spring onions, lemon zest, egg, garlic,
peppercorns, juniper berries, cognac or brandy, parsley and tarragon.
Season and mix well.
- Spoon half the mixture into an ovenproof terrine or loaf tin and scatter over the ham. Spoon the remaining chicken mixture over the ham and level with the back of a spoon.
- Place the terrine or loaf tin in a roasting tin and pour in enough hot water to come halfway up the side of the terrine or loaf tin. Bake for 2 hours or until the terrine slightly shrinks away from the side of the tin. Cool, then cover with foil and weigh the top down with weights or cans. Chill for 24 hours.
- When you’re ready to eat, turn out the terrine on to a board. Scatter over the pink peppercorns and tarragon sprigs and slice thickly. This is delicious with a crisp salad and redcurrant sauce (2 Syns per level tablespoon).
Tip: For an Extra Easy SP day fill at least half of your plate with delicious Speed salad.
Video: Chicken and ham terrine
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group