This simple chicken and mushroom pie recipe will be a huge hit with the whole family!
- 900g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 85ml hot vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the filling:
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 baby leeks, finely chopped
- 4 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g baby button mushrooms
- 2 portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
- 400ml chicken stock
- 1 level tbsp chicken gravy granules
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- A small handful fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Drain, return to the pan and add the vegetable stock. Mash until smooth, then season and set aside.
- Lightly spray a large, non-stick pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 8-10 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly, then cut into large, bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the leeks, bacon, spring onions, garlic and mushrooms and stir-fry for 6-8 minutes. Stir in the stock, gravy granules and mustard powder. Season, bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 5-6 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken chunks and tarragon. Divide the mixture between 4 individual pie dishes, or spoon into 1 medium-size dish. Top each pie with the mashed potato to form a 'lid' and brush with the beaten egg. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbling and golden.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.