This simple salad is refreshing and substantial, and any leftovers would make a great lunchbox filler.
- 200g dried quinoa
- 4 cooked skinless and boneless chicken breasts, roughly shredded
- 4 red apples, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- Small bag of baby spinach leaves
- Bunch of spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and finely chopped, to serve
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh chives
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh mint
for the dressing:
- 200g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 3 tbsp fat-free vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped bottled gherkins
- Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the chicken in a large salad bowl with the apples, celery, spinach and spring onions.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the salad.
- Add the cooked quinoa and toss to mix well. Scatter over the egg and fresh herbs to serve.
Tip: Quinoa is a great alternative to rice or couscous.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.