This simple salad is refreshing and substantial, and any leftovers would make a great lunchbox filler.
- 200g dried quinoa
- 4 cooked skinless and boneless chicken breasts, roughly shredded
- 4 red apples, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- Small bag of baby spinach leaves
- Bunch of spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and finely chopped, to garnish
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh chives
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh mint
for the dressing:
- 200g fat free natural fromage frais
- 3 tbsp fat free vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped bottled gherkins
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the chicken in a large salad bowl with the apples, celery, spinach and spring onions.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the salad.
- Add the cooked quinoa and toss to mix well. Scatter over the egg and fresh herbs to serve.
Tip: Quinoa is a great alternative to rice or couscous.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group