Give this all-American classic a healthy makeover and save stacks of Syns!
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 8 lean bacon rashers, all visible fat removed, cut into thick strips
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, leaves separated, or 1 large cos lettuce, leaves torn into large pieces
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
For the dressing:
- 200g fat free natural fromage frais
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 level tsp mustard powder
- juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Season the chicken, lightly spray with low calorie cooking spray and grill for 6-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from the grill and shred or slice thickly.
- Meanwhile, spray a heavy frying pan with low calorie cooking spray, add the bacon strips and fry gently over a medium heat. When crisp, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Stir in half the Parmesan and season well.
- Place the lettuce leaves and tomatoes in a bowl and toss with half of the dressing to coat thoroughly. Scatter over the chicken and bacon and finish with the remaining dressing and Parmesan, plus a good grinding of black pepper.
- Cool, cover and chill until you’re ready to eat.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group