We've given this all-American classic a healthy makeover to save stacks of Syns!
- 4 large skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 8 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed, cut into thick strips
- 30g fresh Parmesan, grated
- 2 little gem lettuces, leaves separated, or 1 large cos lettuce, leaves torn into large pieces
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
For the dressing:
- 200g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 level tsp mustard powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Season the chicken lightly, and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Grill for 6-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove from the grill and shred or slice thickly.
- Meanwhile, spray a heavy non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray, add the bacon strips and fry gently over a medium heat. When crisp, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together until smooth. Stir in half the Parmesan and season lightly.
- Place the lettuce leaves and tomatoes in a bowl and toss with half the dressing to coat well. Scatter over the chicken and bacon and finish with the remaining dressing and Parmesan, plus plenty of black pepper.
- Cool, cover and chill until you’re ready to eat. Divide into 4 portions to serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.