A feast of chicken with chunks of red onion in a medium-spiced curry sauce.
- 2 large onions, 1 roughly chopped and 1 cut into 8 wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30g fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 2 level tsp sweetener
- 4 tsp Schwartz garam masala
- 2 tsp Schwartz medium curry powder
- ½ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 medium red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Put the roughly chopped onion, garlic, ginger, tomato purée, tomatoes, stock cube, sweetener and all the spices in a large saucepan over a high heat. Stir in 500ml boiling water and bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Whizz until smooth using a stick blender or food processor.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining onions in a large non-stick roasting tin, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and toss well. Roast for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway.
- Add the chicken, cherry tomatoes and roasted onions to the sauce and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Season to taste and serve hot with rice and Speed vegetables.
Tip: You’ll find this dish available as part of the Slimming World food range in Iceland stores.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.