Forget wraps... this taste-packed fajita filling is the perfect partner for sweet potatoes!
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 3 peppers (any colours), deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½-1 tsp chilli powder
- 215g can red kidney beans or ½ x 400g carton black beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g cooked skinless and boneless chicken, cut into long thin strips (leftovers work well)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Scrub and dry the sweet potatoes, put them on a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the red onion, peppers and 2 tbsp water and stir-fry for 10 minutes or until just tender, adding a little more water if necessary.
- Stir in the garlic, tomato and spices and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the tomatoes are beginning to soften. Stir in the beans and chicken and remove from the heat.
- Halve the sweet potatoes lengthways and, using a teaspoon, scoop out some of the flesh from the centre of each half. Add the scooped flesh to the stir-fry mixture, season to taste and mix lightly. Spoon the mixture back into the sweet potatoes, piling it high, and arrange on a baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes and serve with salad.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.