A brilliant budget one-pot wonder that's bursting with sunshine flavours and best of all - it's completely Free!
- 900g skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 2 onions
- 2 large carrots
- 200g green beans
- 1 lemon
- 4-5 sprigs of tarragon
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 700ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chicken Bovril (from concentrate)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the chicken into chunks. Peel and chop the onions. Peel the carrots and cut into thick batons. Halve the green beans. Slice the lemon. Chop the tarragon.
- Spray a large non-stick casserole dish with low calorie cooking spray. Place over a high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned on all sides.
- Add the onions, carrots, garlic bulb, stock and Bovril concentrate. Season well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover tightly with the lid and cook gently for 25 minutes.
- Add the greens beans and lemon slices to the casserole. Cook for 5-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and discard the garlic bulb. Serve sprinkled with tarragon.
Tip: For an Extra Easy SP day fill at least half of your plate with delicious Speed vegetables, of your choice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.