A delicious Free® North Indian-style curry packed with tender chicken, mushrooms and spinach in an aromatic sauce.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 200g closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 6cm piece of root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp medium curry powder
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 700g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 ripe tomato, roughly chopped
- 100g baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
- large handful of roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 4tbsp fat free natural Greek yogurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a large, deep non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if they start to stick.
- Add the mushrooms, ginger and garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder, tomato puree, stock cube and 300ml of water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato, spinach and coriander and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Take the pan off the heat, stir the yogurt into the curry and season to taste. Serve hot with rice and your favourite vegetables.