A Free® signature Chinese rice dish with tender chicken, char sui pork, vegetables and omelette.
- 5 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 30g root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ heaped tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 400g lean pork loin, visible fat removed, diced, or 400g skinless and boneless chicken breast, diced
- 300g dried long-grain rice
- low calorie cooking spray
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 200g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into batons
- 100g green cabbage, shredded
- 225g can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 225g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Mix one-third of the garlic and ginger with the five-spice powder and 2 tbsp soy sauce in a shallow dish. Add the pork/chicken, toss well and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions and drain. While the rice is cooking, spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the eggs and cook until just set then turn on to a board and roughly chop.
- Spray a large non-stick wok with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Fry the pork/chicken for 5 minutes then transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the remaining garlic and ginger to the wok along with the crumbled stock cube, broccoli, carrot and a good splash of water. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, rice and pork/chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes, adding water if needed. Mix in the omelette and remaining soy sauce and serve hot. Enjoy!