A Free® signature Chinese rice dish with tender chicken, char sui pork, vegetables and omelette.
- 5 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 30g root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ heaped tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 400g lean pork loin, visible fat removed, diced, or 400g skinless and boneless chicken breast, diced
- 300g dried long-grain rice
- low calorie cooking spray
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 200g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into batons
- 100g green cabbage, shredded
- 225g can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 225g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Mix one-third of the garlic and ginger with the five-spice powder and 2 tbsp soy sauce in a shallow dish. Add the pork/chicken, toss well and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions and drain. While the rice is cooking, spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the eggs and cook until just set then turn on to a board and roughly chop.
- Spray a large non-stick wok with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Fry the pork/chicken for 5 minutes then transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the remaining garlic and ginger to the wok along with the crumbled stock cube, broccoli, carrot and a good splash of water. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, rice and pork/chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes, adding water if needed. Mix in the omelette and remaining soy sauce and serve hot. Enjoy!
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.