Chinese chicken and lettuce wraps
Bursting with flavour, these lettuce rolls are a great idea for entertaining or a family meal.
- 500g skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 4 fresh or dried kaffir lime leaves
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 5cm piece root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 level tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 6 tbsp light soy sauce/tamari
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- A small handful each of roughly chopped fresh coriander and mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, leaves separated, to serve
- Place the chicken, lemongrass, lime leaves, red chilli, garlic, chives and ginger into a blender or food processor and blend briefly until everything is very finely chopped – be careful not to overblend, as you don’t want to make a paste.
- Spray a wok or large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for 5 minutes, until browned, then add the sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce.
- Reduce the heat a little and stir-fry for a further 5 minutes, then add the spring onions and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the heat, pour over the lime juice and toss in the chopped
herbs. Season to taste and stir to mix well.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the lettuce leaves and serve immediately with sweet chilli sauce (1½ Syns per level tablespoon).
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group