China is more famous for stir-fries than curries and this classic dish gives you the best of both worlds!
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 300g long-stem broccoli, halved if large
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped
- 500ml boiling chicken stock
- 1 level tsp cornflour, mixed with 2 tsp cold water
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 star anise
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- Season the chicken all over and set aside
- Spray a large non-stick wok or frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, chilli, carrots, broccoli, spring onions and chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock, cornflour mixture, turmeric, star anise and curry powder and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened nicely. Serve hot.
Tip: This is great with rice although it won’t be suitable for Extra Easy SP if you have it that way.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.