China is more famous for stir-fries than curries and this classic dish gives you the best of both worlds!
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 300g long-stem broccoli, halved if large
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped
- 500ml boiling chicken stock
- 1 level tsp cornflour, mixed with 2 tsp cold water
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 star anise
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- Season the chicken all over and set aside
- Spray a large non-stick wok or frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, chilli, carrots, broccoli, spring onions and chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock, cornflour mixture, turmeric, star anise and curry powder and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened nicely. Serve hot.
Tip: This is great with rice although it won’t be suitable for Extra Easy SP if you have it that way.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group