Chinese duck pancakes
Everyone loves this timeless restaurant dish - and who would have thought it could be slimming-friendly?
- 3 x 175g skinless duck breasts
- 4 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp Szechuan peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 1 tsp ground star anise
- 6 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 8 Chinese rice flour pancakes
- 8 level tsp plum sauce
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely shredded
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and cut into strips
- Place the duck breasts in a ceramic bowl in a single layer.
- Mix the five-spice powder, peppercorns, star anise, soy sauce and sesame oil together in a bowl. Pour this mixture over the duck, cover and marinate for 8 hours or overnight if time permits.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Spray the duck breasts lightly with low-calorie cooking spray. Heat a large frying pan until hot and sear the duck for 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a non-stick baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the duck from the oven, thinly slice the flesh and place in a warmed dish.
- Warm the pancakes according to the packet instructions.
- To assemble, spread 1 teaspoon of plum sauce over each pancake and top with the spring onions, cucumber and duck. Carefully wrap the pancakes around the filling and eat immediately.
Tip: You can use lettuce leaves instead of pancakes and save 1 Syn per pancake.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.