A sweet sauce flavoured with dark soy sauce. Ideal with meat, fish or stir-fried veggies.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 3cm batons
- 25g root ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 250ml boiling vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sweetener (optional)
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, peppers and carrot and stir-fry for 10 minutes, adding a little water if needed.
- Stir in the ginger, garlic, tomato purée, five-spice powder, soy sauce, rice vinegar and stock, and gently boil for 10 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Season to taste, add sweetener (if using) and serve hot with cooked meat, prawns or veg and your favourite noodles or rice. Enjoy!
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.