Video: Chinese salmon noodle salad
Take this tasty salad to work and enjoy hot or cold. You’ll be the envy of your colleagues at lunch!
- 4 skinless and boneless salmon fillets
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 250g dried egg noodles
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 10 spring onions, sliced
- 140g mangetout, halved diagonally
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 x 225g cans water chestnuts, drained
- 200g baby sweetcorn
- 60g fresh bean sprouts, rinsed
- 6-8 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Preheat your grill to hot. Place the salmon fillets on the grill rack, sprinkle over the five-spice powder and grill for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Spray a non-stick wok with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the red pepper, spring onions, mangetout, garlic, ginger, water chestnuts, sweetcorn and bean sprouts, and stir-fry for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the cooked noodles to the wok with the soy sauce, mix well and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Break the salmon fillets into bite-sized pieces and gently toss into the noodle mixture.
- Eat hot, or cool, cover and chill until you’re ready to eat.