If you love Chinese food, this dish is perfect for you. The rich, tangy sauce goes great with noodles and pork.
- 500g pork loin steak, visible fat removed, cut into strips
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 200g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- ¼ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 150ml chicken stock
- 400g dried egg noodles
- 400g fresh pineapple flesh, cut into bite-size pieces
- Place a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Spray the pork with low-calorie cooking spray and season well. When the pan is hot, add the pork and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover and set aside.
- Re-spray the pan with low-calorie cooking spray and keep over a high heat. Add the onion, pepper, carrots and sugar snap peas and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes. Return the pork to the pan and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until piping hot.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix 2 tbsp water with the Chinese five-spice powder, garlic, cornflour, tomato purée, white wine vinegar, soy sauce and stock. Add the mixture to the pan, stir and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Remove the wok or frying pan from the heat and stir in the pineapple. Drain the noodles and divide between 4 warmed bowls. Spoon over the pork mixture and serve.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.