Chinese yuk sung
Liz Griffiths from Mid Glamorgan sent us this tasty Chinese Yuk Sung starter. She says "This delicious recipe brings fun to your mealtimes as you roll and fold the lettuce wraps".
- 8 little gem lettuce leaves
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3cm fresh ginger, peeled and sliced very finely
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets, minced
- 220g can water chestnuts, chopped into small pieces
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Wash the lettuce, dry (being careful not to tear the leaves) and separate leaves keeping them whole. Pat dry and put to one side.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on high and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Add the garlic, ginger and spring onions. Fry until the garlic and ginger are aromatic.
- Add the minced chicken and cook until the chicken is browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the water chestnuts and celery to the frying pan and cook over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until slightly browned. Add the soy sauce and oyster sauce to the pan and stir.
- Put the chicken mixture back in the pan and continue to cook at medium heat until the sauce is reduced and the mixture becomes dry.
- Lay out a lettuce leaf and spoon the cooked mixture into the middle and fold into a wrap, and eat immediately.