Sweet potato chips make a delicious change from regular fries.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into chips
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 8 baby sweetcorn
- Large pinch of chipotle chilli powder or flakes (see tip)
- Large pinch of paprika
- Pinch of garlic salt
- 1 lean beef steak, such as fillet or sirloin, visible fat removed
- Juice of ½ lime, plus a wedge to serve
- Small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Boil the sweet potato chips for 5-6 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well and tip into a bowl, then toss with a little seasoning and spray with low-calorie cooking spray.
- Put the red pepper and sweetcorn in another bowl, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix the chipotle powder, paprika and garlic salt in a small bowl. Spray the steak on both sides with low-calorie cooking spray and rub with the chipotle mixture to coat.
- Place a large non-stick griddle pan over a high heat. When smoking hot, add the steak, red pepper and sweetcorn and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the steak and peppers over and shake the pan to move the sweetcorn.
- Add the sweet potato chips and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, turning the vegetables frequently. Remove the steak from the pan and leave to rest for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle the lime juice over the vegetables and shake the pan to coat well.
- Put everything on a plate, scatter over the coriander and serve with a lime wedge.
Tip: Most supermarkets stock chipotle powder, chipotle flakes or dried chipotle chillies.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.