You can't go wrong with chocolate plus orange. This stunning combination is a winner with friends, family or for a Saturday night treat.
- 2 large oranges, segmented, plus grated zest to decorate
- 4 tsp orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 400ml skimmed milk
- 5 large egg yolks
- 3 level tbsp sweetener granules
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 25g plain dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa), chopped, plus 5g, grated, to decorate
- 2 tbsp fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- Put the orange segments into 4 x 250ml glass tumblers or ramekins and
sprinkle over the orange liqueur.
- Bring the milk slowly to the boil in a small non-stick saucepan over a medium heat, stirring to make sure it doesn’t catch on the pan.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks and sweetener together in a heatproof bowl until thick and pale. Beat in the cornflour. Slowly whisk in the hot milk, return the mixture to a clean pan and cook over a low heat, stirring, until the custard thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour one-quarter of the custard into a small bowl and set aside. Stir the chocolate into the remaining custard, return the pan to a low heat, and stir gently until the chocolate has melted. Cool slightly, then pour the chocolate custard into the tumblers or ramekins and lightly level the top with the back of a teaspoon.
- Carefully spoon the reserved custard over the chocolate custard, cover and leave to cool completely. Chill for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Spoon a dollop of yogurt on to each pot and sprinkle with the grated
chocolate and orange zest to serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.