Video: Classic tiramisu
Our slimline version of this elegant Italian classic looks and tastes sublime.
- 2 medium egg yolks*
- 3 level tbsp sweetener
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- 400g plain quark
- 12 sponge fingers
- 2 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 150g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 6 chocolate-coated coffee beans
- 2 level tsp cocoa powder
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and 2 tbsp sweetener together until thick and creamy. Add the vanilla essence and 2 tbsp quark and whisk in gently. Gradually whisk in the remaining quark to form a smooth cream.
- Break the sponge fingers in half and place them in a shallow dish. Mix the coffee and brandy together and drizzle over the sponge fingers, mixing them gently to coat in the liquid.
- Divide half of the sponge fingers between 6 small serving glasses, top with half of the quark mixture, then with the rest of the sponge fingers and a second layer of quark. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Sweeten the fromage frais with the remaining sweetener and spoon on top of each glass. Decorate each tiramisu with a chocolate-coated coffee bean and dust evenly with cocoa before serving.
Tip: *Current government guidelines advise that pregnant women, the elderly, babies and toddlers have eggs marked with the British Lion stamp if eating them raw or partially cooked.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.