Think fish and chips but like never before – ideal if you’re having friends or family round for dinner!
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunky chips
- 3 large unwaxed lemons
- 4 thick-cut skinless and boneless cod fillets
- 200g samphire
- 150g brown shrimps (or see tip)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Cook the chips in a saucepan of boiling water over a high heat for about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander, put the colander back over the saucepan off the heat and cover. Leave to steam for 5 minutes then spread out the chips in a single layer in a large roasting tin. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray, season and roast at the top of the oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, grate the zest of 1 lemon into a bowl and add the juice of 2 lemons. Cut the third lemon into wedges and set aside.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the fish and cook for 2-3 minutes then spray with more low-calorie cooking spray and turn over. Add the lemon zest and juice, samphire and 200ml boiling water to the pan, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the shrimps and cook for 1 minute. Drain well.
- Serve the fish hot with the samphire, shrimps, chips and lemon wedges, plus a sprinkling of salt.
Tip: If you can’t get shrimps, use small cooked prawns instead.