Luscious layered desserts, with a dash of tangy orange liqueur.
- 3 oranges, peeled, pith removed and separated into segments
- 50g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 2 medium eggs, separated*
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- Finely grated zest of ½ orange
- 1 tbsp Cointreau
- 4 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
- 1 level tbsp milk or dark chocolate curls (or grated chocolate)
- 1 level tsp cocoa powder, to decorate
- Divide the orange segments between 4 dessert glasses.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of gently simmering water, ensuring the bowl doesn’t touch the water (or in the microwave on a low heat for 30 seconds). Stir until smooth and leave to cool slightly.
- Put the egg whites in a large, clean glass bowl. Beat with an electric hand whisk on a medium speed until they form stiff peaks.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sweetener, orange zest and Cointreau. Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Using a large metal spoon, gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until well combined. Spoon the mixture over the oranges and chill for 3-4 hours, or until set.
- To serve, top each chocolate pot with a tablespoon of fromage frais. Decorate with the chocolate curls and cocoa powder.
Tip: *Pregnant women, the elderly, babies and toddlers are advised to choose eggs showing the British Lion stamp if eating raw or partially cooked eggs.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.