Luscious layered desserts, with a dash of tangy orange liqueur.
- 3 oranges, peeled, pith removed and separated into segments
- 50g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 2 medium eggs, separated*
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- Finely grated zest of ½ orange
- 1 tbsp Cointreau
- 4 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
- 1 level tbsp milk or dark chocolate curls (or grated chocolate)
- 1 level tsp cocoa powder, to decorate
- Divide the orange segments between 4 dessert glasses.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of gently simmering water, ensuring the bowl doesn’t touch the water (or in the microwave on a low heat for 30 seconds). Stir until smooth and leave to cool slightly.
- Put the egg whites in a large, clean glass bowl. Beat with an electric hand whisk on a medium speed until they form stiff peaks.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sweetener, orange zest and Cointreau. Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Using a large metal spoon, gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until well combined. Spoon the mixture over the oranges and chill for 3-4 hours, or until set.
- To serve, top each chocolate pot with a tablespoon of fromage frais. Decorate with the chocolate curls and cocoa powder.
Tip: *Pregnant women, the elderly, babies and toddlers are advised to choose eggs showing the British Lion stamp if eating raw or partially cooked eggs.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group