Power up your weight loss with this SP-friendly cottage pie. Serve with heaps of green beans and broccoli.
- 1kg swede, peeled and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 level tsp sweetener
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Cook the swede in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain, return to the pan and mash until smooth. Season well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrots and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the mince and stir-fry for 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes, stock, sweetener and oregano and stir well. Bring to the boil and remove from the heat.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Transfer the beef mixture to a casserole dish and spread the mashed swede over the top, smoothing the surface with a fork (adding a pattern if you like). Brush with the beaten egg and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly golden and bubbling. Serve with purple sprouting broccoli, mange tout and green beans.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.