Power up your weight loss with this super protein and speed food rich hearty cottage pie. Serve with heaps of green beans and broccoli.
- 1kg swede, peeled and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Cook the swede in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain, return to the pan and mash until smooth. Season well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrots and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the mince and stir-fry for 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes, stock, sweetener and oregano and stir well. Bring to the boil and remove from the heat
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Transfer the beef mixture to a casserole dish and spread the mashed swede over the top, smoothing the surface with a fork (adding a pattern if you like). Brush with the beaten egg and bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden and bubbling. Serve with purple sprouting broccoli, mange tout and green beans.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group