This old fashioned rustic salad works best with a waxy new potato like Charlotte or Anya. It makes a flavour packed meal in itself or goes perfectly with grilled fish or meat.
- 500g waxy new potatoes diced
- 1½ tbsp. cider vinegar
- 6 level tbsp. extra light mayo
- 50g fat free natural fromage frais
- 200g very low fat or fat free natural cottage cheese
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 4 plum tomatoes roughly chopped
- 100g gherkins roughly chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs roughly chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Boil the diced potatoes in salted water until cooked and then drain. Put them in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with the vinegar and leave to stand for 10 minutes
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, fromage frais and mustard and season well
- Add the potatoes and rest of the ingredients and toss well until combined
- Cover and chill before serving
Video: Country style potato salad
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group