This old fashioned rustic salad works best with a waxy new potato like Charlotte or Anya. It makes a flavour packed meal in itself or goes perfectly with grilled fish or meat.
- 500g waxy new potatoes diced
- 1½ tbsp. cider vinegar
- 6 level tbsp. extra light mayo
- 50g fat free natural fromage frais
- 200g very low fat or fat free natural cottage cheese
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 4 plum tomatoes roughly chopped
- 100g gherkins roughly chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs roughly chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Boil the diced potatoes in salted water until cooked and then drain. Put them in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with the vinegar and leave to stand for 10 minutes
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, fromage frais and mustard and season well
- Add the potatoes and rest of the ingredients and toss well until combined
- Cover and chill before serving
Video: Country style potato salad
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.