Risottos are a timeless way to make a meal out of a few simple ingredients, with rice and stock combining brilliantly with just about anything you care to add.
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 200g baby or small courgettes, sliced
- 300g dried risotto rice
- 1 litre boiling vegetable stock
- 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Grated zest of ½ small unwaxed lemon
- 100g frozen spinach, thawed
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Place a deep non-stick casserole pan or saucepan over a low heat. Add
the onion, chilli flakes and 2 tbsp water, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until just soft.
- Increase the heat to medium, add the courgettes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring. Stir in the rice and a good splash of the hot stock, bring to a simmer and stir until all the stock has been absorbed before adding another good splash of stock. Continue like this for about 25 minutes, stirring frequently. You might not need to use all of the stock.
- About 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time, stir in the cherry tomatoes, lemon zest and spinach and cook until the rice is creamy and tender but still has a little bit of bite.
- Season to taste, scatter over the basil leaves and serve hot.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.