A little blue cheese in this stylish soup makes that wonderful creamy flavour go even further.
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced
- 300g celery sticks, thinly sliced, plus celery sliced with a vegetable peeler to garnish
- 200g floury potatoes, such as King Edward, peeled
- 850ml boiling vegetable stock
- 45g Dolcelatte cheese, diced
- 3 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
- a few halved fresh chives, to garnish
- Put the leeks, celery and about 5 tbsp water into a non-stick lidded saucepan and place over a medium-high heat. As soon as it is bubbling, season lightly, cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft but not browned.
- Add the potatoes and stock to the pan, cover again then increase the heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and leave the soup to cool slightly.
- Blitz the soup using a stick blender (or use a food processor or blender). Pour 500ml soup into a large bowl, add the cheese and blitz once more until smooth. Stir this mixture back into the rest of the soup and reheat gently. Remove from the heat and stir in the fromage frais and a little seasoning to taste.
- Spoon the soup into bowls, grind over a little black pepper and garnish with the celery shavings and chives to serve.
Tip: If you want a really smooth soup, sieve it after blitzing.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.