Comfort food with a kick, this creamy pasta is perfect if you're after a pan-to-plate meal that's ready in less than 25 minutes.
- 500g dried linguine or spaghetti
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp sweetener
- A large handful of fresh basil, chopped, plus leaves to garnish
- 100g fat-free natural yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water until just tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and stir and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the tomatoes, chilli and sweetener. Turn the heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook gently for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped basil and the yogurt, season well, and stir through the drained pasta. Serve garnished with basil leaves.