Get your week off to a great start with this satisfying pasta dish. It’s so simple to make yet it looks and tastes impressive. If you’re not an artichoke fan, asparagus would work just as well.
- 350g dried tagliatelle
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150g fat free natural fromage frais
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 350g lean ham, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 400g can artichoke hearts in water, drained and halved
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, adding the sugar snap peas for the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the egg, fromage frais, chopped tarragon and garlic. Season well and set aside.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray, add the ham and artichokes and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain the pasta and peas and add to the frying pan along with the fromage frais mixture. Toss to mix well and serve immediately.
Tip: For a veggie alternative, substitute the ham for 200g drained and chopped, bottled roasted red peppers. Add them at the same time as the artichokes.