We've reduced the fat and sugar, but it's still completely delicious!
- 110g low-fat spread suitable for baking
- 50g light soft brown sugar
- 4 tbsp Silver Spoon Sweetness and Light Brown Sweetner
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 110g self-raising flour, sifted
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 75g carrots, peeled and grated
For the topping:
- 110g quark
- 3 tbsp artificial sweetner
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 175g pineapple, peeled, cored, thinly sliced and cut into triangles
- Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Line an 8in/20cm loose-bottomed cake tin with baking parchment.
- Put the spread, sugar, sweetener and orange zest in a bowl and mix. Whisk the vanilla into the eggs, then stir into the sugar mixture (don't worry if it looks curdled). Fold in the flour, baking powder, mixed spice and grated carrots.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the tin and bake for 20 minutes, or until risen and firm to the touch. Turn out and leave to cool.