Moist carrot cake with a twist – a totally tropical topping!
- 110g low-fat spread suitable for baking
- 50g light soft brown sugar
- 4 level tbsp sweetener
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 110g self-raising flour, sifted
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 75g carrots, peeled and grated
For the topping:
- 110g plain quark
- 3 level tbsp sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 175g pineapple, peeled, cored, thinly sliced and cut into triangles
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin with baking parchment.
- Put the spread, sugar, sweetener and orange zest in a bowl and mix. Whisk the vanilla into the eggs, then stir into the sugar mixture (don't worry if it looks curdled). Fold in the flour, baking powder, mixed spice and grated carrots.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the tin and bake for 20 minutes, or until risen and firm to the touch. Turn out and leave to cool.
- Mix together the quark, sweetener, vanilla extract and cinnamon until combined. Spread evenly over the top of the cooled cake, then arrange the pineapple triangles around the edge. Cut into 8 equal slices to serve.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.