This hot and spicy soup is a great winter warmer.
- 700g parsnips
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp each ground cumin, tumeric, coriander and ginger
- 1.1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A dash of Tabasco and a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Dice the parsnips, chop the onions and crush the garlic. Fry the onion in a little low-calorie cooking spray until softened. Add the garlic and powdered spices and fry for a further 3 minutes, adding a little stock if the mixture becomes too dry.
- Add the parsnips and stock to the pan and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer gently for about 1 hour.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor, season well and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan, add a dash of Tabasco if you like it hot, reheat gently and serve garnished with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Tip: Replace the parsnips with potatoes for a super easy store cupboard soup.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.