This luxurious version of an old standby elevates the humble macaroni cheese into something really special.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 110g mushrooms, sliced
- 60g sun dried tomatoes
- 250g dried pasta tubes or shapes
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
For the white sauce
- 2 level tbsp cornflour
- 284ml/½pt skimmed milk
- 140g fat free natural fromage frais
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of grated nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 10-15 minutes, or until soft. Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and cook the leeks, courgettes and mushrooms over a low heat for 8-10 minutes, until softened. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and remove from the heat.
- Make the sauce. Blend the cornflour with a little milk. Heat the remaining milk and bring to the boil. Stir in the cornflour mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring until thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and beat in the fromage frais, mustard and nutmeg with a wooden spoon. Season to taste.
- Stir most of the grated cheese into the sauce, reserving a little for the topping. Put the vegetables and pasta into an ovenproof dish and pour the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4 for 20-30 minutes, until crisp and golden. Sprinkle with parsley.
Tip: This meal can also be made with gluten-free pasta
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.