Once you've got the hang of this pavlova recipe, try varying the fruit topping – kiwi or cherries also taste fab!
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 level tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 100g plain quark
- 175g any no-sugar-added, fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 level tbsp sweetener
- 350g mixed berries
- 25g each of white and dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3. Draw a 20cm circle on a sheet of non-stick baking parchment and place on a baking tray. Whisk the egg whites and salt with an electric hand whisk until softly peaked. Continuing to whisk, slowly add the sugar, whisking until glossy, then whisk in the cornflour and lemon juice. Spoon the mixture into the circle on the baking parchment, spreading out to the edges.
- Put in the oven, and immediately reduce the heat to 140°C/fan 120°C/gas 1. Bake for about 1 hour, or until the meringue is crisp to the touch. Allow to cool, then peel off the baking parchment and place on a serving plate.
- Beat the quark, yogurt and sweetener together. Spoon over the meringue and top with the berries. Melt the chocolate in 2 bowls over pans of simmering water. Drizzle evenly over the pavlova. Cut into 8 equal pieces to serve.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.