Meaty, filling pies in three easy-to-follow steps - a tasty family supper!
- 500ml chicken stock
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 200g green beans, chopped
- 200g button mushrooms (halved or quartered if large)
- 1 level tsp chicken gravy granules
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 450g can cooked lean ham, cut into small cubes
- A handful of fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100g ready-rolled light puff pastry
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Put the stock, chicken, onions, garlic, carrots, beans and mushrooms in a pan and cook over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring often, until the onions have softened and the chicken is cooked.
- Add the gravy granules and tomato purée and stir well. Add the ham and tarragon, season and stir again. Remove from the heat and transfer to 4 individual, lipped pie dishes.
- Brush the lips of the dishes with some of the beaten egg. Cut the pastry into long, thin strips and arrange over the pies in a lattice pattern. Brush the pastry with the remaining egg and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed up and golden. Serve warm.
Tip: Top with mashed potato instead of pastry if you prefer, for pies that are just ½ Syn each.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.