Meaty, filling pies in three easy-to-follow steps - a tasty family supper!
- 500ml chicken stock
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 200g green beans, chopped
- 200g button mushrooms (halved or quartered if large)
- 1 level tsp chicken gravy granules
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 450g can cooked lean ham, cut into small cubes
- A handful of fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100g ready-rolled light puff pastry
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Put the stock, chicken, onions, garlic, carrots, beans and mushrooms in a pan and cook over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring often, until the onions have softened and the chicken is cooked.
- Add the gravy granules and tomato purée and stir well. Add the ham and tarragon, season and stir again. Remove from the heat and transfer to 4 individual, lipped pie dishes.
- Brush the lips of the dishes with some of the beaten egg. Cut the pastry into long, thin strips and arrange over the pies in a lattice pattern. Brush the pastry with the remaining egg and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed up and golden. Serve warm.
Tip: Top with mashed potato instead of pastry if you prefer, for pies that are just ½ Syn each.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.