A match made in heaven, and Syn free!
For the marinated pork
- 12 pork fillet medallions, visible fat removed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
For the apple slaw
- 1 red eating apple
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp fat-free natural Greek-style yogurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp mustard powder, mixed with a little water
- ½ small red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- Free sweet potato wedges and salad, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Place the pork medallions on a board between 2 sheets of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until they’re about 1cm thick.
- Lightly crush the garlic and fennel seeds, place in a shallow dish and add the vinegar, lemon zest and a good twist of black pepper. Add the pork medallions and turn to coat. Chill for 10 minutes while you make the slaw.
- Chop the apple into small pieces, place in a large bowl and pour over the vinegar (this will stop the apple from going brown). Add the yogurt, lemon juice and mustard and stir until combined. Add the cabbage and carrots and stir well. Season to taste.
- Heat a non-stick ovenproof griddle or frying pan until hot. Add the pork medallions and cook for 3 minutes on one side. Turn the medallions over and put the pan in the oven. Cook for a further 6-8 minutes, or until the pork is thoroughly cooked and any juices run clear.
- Serve 3 pork medallions with the slaw and Free sweet potato wedges and salad.
Tip: If you don’t have vinegar, squeeze lemon juice over the apples to prevent them turning brown.