A fabulous fusion of Mediterranean flavours, this is one sexy salad!
- 200g fresh or frozen podded broad beans
- 200g plain dried couscous
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 12 baby carrots, scrubbed and halved lengthways
- 500g asparagus, trimmed
- 2 courgettes thinly sliced lengthways
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 2 unwaxed lemons
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A small handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 60g feta, crumbled
- Boil the beans for 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Drain reserving 300ml of the cooking water.
- Put the couscous in a shallow, heatproof bowl. Dissolve the stock cube in the reserved water and pour over the couscous. Stir in the beans and cover with cling film. Leave to stand for 8-10 minutes until the liquid is absorbed then fluff up with a fork.
- Meanwhile, put the carrots, asparagus and courgettes in a bowl and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Add the garlic and half the lemon zest and juice, season and toss. Place a griddle pan over a high heat. When hot, cook the carrots for 4 minutes, then turn. Add the courgettes and cook for a further 2 minutes, then add the asparagus for the last 4 minutes, turning once, until browned and tender.
- Stir the remaining lemon juice into the couscous with a little pepper and mint. Spoon onto 4 plates and top with griddled veg. Scatter over the feta and the remaining lemon zest to serve.